Bytomskie Centrum Kultury is one of the most succesful cultural institution in the Silesia region. Main goal of the centre is to make culture not only an atractive way of free time spending, but also a kind of development impact. That is why, apart from standard cultural project, Becek puts up on the synergy among local business initiatives and research projects or education.
Bytomskie Centrum Kultury can be find as controversial. But in many cases this is the only way of achieving its goals. Becek (Bytomskie Centrum Kultury) do not avoid challanges, faces difficult issues from the past and speaks about social and economical problems.
What is the most important for the centre, are the youths, which means not the date of birth but the condition of mind. It is them, for whom Becek presents the most interesting artists from all over the country, Europe and the world. On the other hand Becek promotes Bytom and its heritage far beyond the city.
The most important projects organized by the Bytom Centre of Culture are:
- Music of Nations (open air concerts of classic and contemporary music),
- Feriada (workshops for children and young people during the winter holidays),
- BeCeKobus (summer holiday workshops for children held in various districts of Bytom),
- Ogólnopolski Festiwal Piosenki Poetyckiej "Kwiaty na Kamieniach” (the Nationwide Festival of Poetic Song "Flowers on the rocks”),
- Bytomska Jesień Literacka (Bytom’s Autumn of Literature ).